14 June, 2018
Why Camp is a Summer Essential
Learning slide or learning stride?
Ready to pack your bags for summer get-away? Or are you already filling up your stay-cation calendar? As summer break swings by, should learning take a slide?
Here’s a few quick tips to help you along as you seek for the best summer fit for your children in terms of fun, freedom and finances:
- Add value beyond fun: Summer fun has many faces but some activities are better than others in adding learning value. After all, studies show that most students return to school with lower academic levels than when they left for the break. So, pack learning in your summer baggage.
- Imagine by hand: You might think imagination takes place only in the head, but the hands are just as important. Let your kids mess with materials at home and elsewhere and tinker away on the holiday.
- Make friends with making: Provide a variety of tools as potential toys and surround kids’ dull hours with idea-sparking pieces to inspire new projects.
- Enrich and involve: Take as many trips to the science, art and history museum as to swimming pools and tennis courts. Practice geography, math, science and reading skills through fun, painless play. This may be as simple as family game nights or cooking at camp with other children.
- Vacations may be virtual: You don’t need a plane ticket to have an adventure. It is as close as your imagination. Hit the road to reading and bring your kids to places by books and bonding with friends.
Clever Play dabbled on these tips when we crafted a summer of learning strides for your child! Join the STEAM @ Clever Summer Camp !